Vietnam War Show

3,008 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SR35
Drew Krinsky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Anybody watching the Vietnam War by Ken Burns? Love that show.
TDub
I love the Ken Burns documentaries. This one is exceptionally good.
WE ARE...SC!!
Drew Krinsky
Staff
I have one more episode left and can't get enough of it. That whole ordeal was a political mistake. Had we actually tried to cut the political BS out we could have succeeded in our mission.
jonarnett26
No need for me to watch it, rentit or buy it .
I was there 1968-69.
Helicopter aircrew .
12th AVN Co
1ST AVN BDE
TDub
jonarnett26 said:

No need for me to watch it, rentit or buy it .
I was there 1968-69.
Helicopter aircrew .
12th AVN Co
1ST AVN BDE

Thank you for your service, sir.
Troybill
I left in 1967. Served with 15th Med BN and then with 1/12 1st CAV. Operations Pershing I and Thayer II, Binh Dinh Province. I thought the first two chapters were good and presented a lot of stuff even I was not aware of. After that it made a drastic turn left. Our first CO MG Henry Kinnard wanted to go into Laos and Cambodia and interdict the Ho Chi Minh Trail. We did this later but it was too late. We had two different wars IMO. When I went over early in the war it was supported more. By 1968-69 when the lottery started we had already come to the conclusion that we could not win. It was terribly unpopular and the American people were fed up with it. Unfortunately, we service members took the heat for it when we came back. For many years it left me very bitter. I have since moved on.
Old dinky dao bac si
Sammy87
I'm watching The West by Ken Burns on Netflix. I think his Civil War was the best.
rikc13
This is one of the best Docu seris ever. This quite possibly be Ken Burns best. All though I like all of his work
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.